What could be nicer for breakfast, or to accompany leftover chili or stew than a sweet grainy corn biscuit? It packs its own weight in nutrition with 6 grams of protein and 4 grams fiber.
Cornmeal Cranberry Walnut Sweet Biscuits
Preheat oven to 350F
2 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup chick pea flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 Tblsp nutritional yeast
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 Tblsp maple syrup
2 Tblsp plain coconut yogurt
1/2 cup chopped dry cranberries (or more)
1/4 cup dried currants (or more)
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients together in a smaller bowl.
3. Chop the dry cranberries a little.
4. Add wet to dry, stir in fruits.
5. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place blobs of batter about 3-4" oval shaped with at least an inch between them. Makes 8 of this size. Bake for 25 minutes. If you make 10-12, then shorten the baking time to 15 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If there's still stickiness on the toothpick, leave them in a few more minutes.