Broccoli Soup, with Almonds & Marmite
2 stalks of broccoli
1/4 cup slivered and chopped roasted almonds
6 cups or so of water
1. Wash the broccoli and cut it up.
2. Put the broccoli in a pot with salted water to cover
3. Boil and then simmer for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
4. Over a large bowl, strain out water. Take out the tough stems, then add back just enough water so you can puree the broccoli.
5. Stir in the almonds, add a bit more broth and blenderize just another moment if you need it before you add the marmite. Mix that marmite in and serve!
You can offer this with a sprig of tarragon, or thyme, or a sprinkle of slivered toasted almonds. A lovely light soup. Makes about a quart with two stalks of broccoli.