Saturday, April 19, 2014

Banana Oat Cookiies

As usual, my agenda began with an ingredient that required attention: 3 small overripe bananas. So I mashed them in a bowl, added oats and off I went. These are cheating a little on my usual strategy by using some dark brown sugar, but only 2 tablespoons. We ate these for breakfast, but my husband said, "Call them cookies, they'd be good anytime!" So I did.

Banana Oat Cookies

Mix together and let sit 
3 small overripe bananas mashed, or 2 large ones
1.5-2 cups whole oats 
1/2-2/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened plain) enough to make a mush, not liquidy
1 heaping tsp chia seeds

In a larger bowl mix:
1/2 c chick pea flour
2/3 c brown rice flour
1/4 c millet flour
1Tblspn tapioca starch
1 heaping tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-2 tsp cinnamon (as you like it)
2 Tblspn dark brown sugar
2 Tblspn nutritional yeast

Combine moist ingredients into dry stirring til consistent, and toss in your favorite dry fruits/nuts. I used what I had on hand which ended up being about 1/2 c mixed raisins and cranberries plus 1/2 c walnuts.

Set oven at 375F and spoon out heaping tablespoon sized blobs onto a silicone baking sheet at least an inch space between them.

Bake 25 minutes (check 'em at 20 minutes). The house will smell great when they're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment